Roland Drum Pad PDX-8 An Improved V-Pad for Snare
Roland’s Mesh Heas V-Pad Roland Drum Pad PDX-8 offers an expanded Rim for more comfortable and quiet rim-shots, as well as separate head and rim triggering for authentic performance.
Trigger Type Settings for the Sound Module
Set the trigger type for the drum sound module to the pad you are using (PDX-8). If you’re using the PDX-8 with the drum sound module TD-30, choose trigger type “PDX-8.”
If you’re using the PDX-8 with the drum kit TD-1KV/TD-1K, choose pad type “S2.”
For the PDX-8 function correctly, the trigger type and trigger parameters in your percussion sound module (TD-11, TD-25, etc.) must be adjusted.
Adjust the “Rim Sens”
If you find the following kinds of problems occurring, adjust the “Rim Sens” of the percussion sound module.
- If you hear a rim sound when you strike the head, decrease the “Rim Sens” value.
- If you cannot get a rim sound even when you strike the rim hard, increase the “Rim Sens” value.
Connecting to a Sound Module
Use the included stereo cable to make connections with the drum sound module. Connect the L-shaped plug of the included cable to the PDX-8.
If you use a monaural cable, you won’t be able to employ rim shot and cross stick playing techniques.
NOTE: To prevent malfunction and/or damage to speakers or other devices, always turn down the volume, and turn off the power on all devices before making any connections.
- Roland Drum Pad PDX-8’s is a light weight drum pad.
- Its compact design allows for comfortable performance.
- Quiet response, even when playing rim shots.
- Accessories Included: Connection Cable, Drum Key and Owner’s Manual.
Options (sold separately): Mesh Head (MH-8), Pad Mount (MDH-10U) and Drum Stands (MDS series)
- Pad size: 8 inches
- Triggers: 2 (Head, Rim).
- Width: 266 mm (10-1/2 inches).
- Depth: 326 mm (12-7/8 inches).
- Height: 62 mm (2-1/2 inches).
- Weight: 1.3 kg (2 lbs 14oz.).