Roland PD-140DS V-Pad : 14 Inch Snare Drum Pad
Roland PD-140DS – A 14-Inch Snare Pad with Advanced Multi-Sensor Triggering
Roland continues to revolutionize electronic drums, and the newly developed digital trigger pad Roland PD-140DS is no exception. This innovative Snare Pad work directly with the powerful processing in the flagship TD-50 sound module.
By incorporating the very latest technologies, never before have electronic drums been so true to life.
The Roland PD-140DS V-Pad combines snare tradition with highly advanced triggering and exceptional sensitivity. A Sensitivity which is communicated to the TD-50 drum module via a high-speed digital connection.
Advanced Sensor System And A Mesh With Natural Rebound
A brand-new, three-layer Mesh Head is fitted to a standard 14-inch Shell, providing natural rebound and feel that’s instantly familiar to play.
Due to Roland‘s new multi-element sensor system, your strokes across every area of the pad are more closely detected than ever before. The playing dynamics of Roland PD-140DS Snare Pad are captured in minute detail.
Available playing methods (triggers) includes:
- Head Shot (High resolution positional detection, Wide dynamic range).
- Rim shot (Depth detection, Wide dynamic range).
- Brush sweep
In addition, traditional cross stick technique is automatically detected as the pad senses your hand position and consequently adjusts accordingly.
Producing snare sounds that are natural, detailed, and bursting with character. The Roland PD-140DS delivers all-new levels of performance and playability.
Roland PD-140DS Snare V-Pad ships with Owner’s manual, Connection cable and a Drum key.
Roland PD-140DS Key Features
- High-resolution sound triggering with accurate positional detection.
- Designed for use with the flagship TD-50 sound module.
- Play cross sticks using traditional techniques, with no need to adjust settings inside the module.
- Three-ply mesh head provides natural rebound, playing feel, and response.
- Standard acoustic-style 14-inch diameter offers a familiar look, presence, and playability.
- Reflective steel shell makes a visual impression on the stage.
Roland PD-140DS Specifications
- Drum Pad size: 14 inches.
- Drum Shell depth: 4.3 inches.
- Tension rods: 8.
- Drum Head: 3-ply mesh head (Floating mid-layer structure).
- Multi element sensor system: Head sensor, 3 Position sensors, Rim sensor, 3 Cross-stick sensors and 3 Built-in sensing processor.
- Supported covering size: 98 (width) x 1,060 (length) mm.
- Thickness: 1 mm or less.
- Connector: DIGITAL TRIGGER OUT plug compatible with Roland drum sound module equipped with DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port.
- Power supply: Supplied from DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port (DC 5 V).
- Current Draw: 90 mA.
Roland PD-140DS Size and Weight
- Width: 380 mm (15 inches).
- Depth: 380 mm (15 inches).
- Height: 160 mm (6-5/16 inches).
- Weight: 4.9 kg (10 lbs. 13 oz.).